Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Get Up & Dance

I've been wanting to post about this for quite awhile but somehow I forgot about it until I came across videos of it again yesterday. I'm assuming most of you have heard & seen videos of Susan Boyle from Britain's Got Talent. I personally do not watch either the British or American version of the show but I did check out videos of Boyle on youtube which led me to watch performances of other acts on the show.

If I didn't remember wrongly, all reports of the show featured in the papers here were focused mainly on Susan Boyle with practically no coverage on other acts in the show. For people who don't watch the show like me, you HAVE to check out videos of these dance acts from the show. I'm not a dance expert or anything, but I thought they were FREAKING A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Diversity

1) Diversity

Made up of 3 sets of brothers and 4 other friends, the group is named as such probably because of the diversity of ages, occupations and backgrounds of all the members. They won the competition, beating Susan Boyle (who was 2nd place btw) with their creative choreography and chemistry.

Watch: Audition (full of surprises, very entertaining), Finals (Transformer-inspired routine)

Flawless

2) Flawless

This 10 member dance group was definitely Diversity's closest competitor. Trying to choreograph group dance routines is difficult enough, keeping in tune and synchronised in movement is the greater challenge. Flawless is extremely synchronised in their routines which is amazing.

Watch: Audition

3) George Sampson

This guy or boy I should say, auditioned for the first season of BGT but didn't get through. He came back for the second season and proceeded to win the show at the age of 14.


I'm sure there are way more dance talents than those mentioned above, but since they all appeared on TV, en route to fame and fortune, I thought I might just share about them with you.

Back here in Asia, if you haven't already been swept by the "Nobody, nobody but you" fever, you must have been living under a rock. The Wonder Girls have made their US debut and is currently touring with The Jonas Brothers on their World Tour. Watch the English version of Nobody - same video, different language. Tell me if you can understand what they're singing about.

Wonder Girls

No comments: