Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi, I'm Back And I'm Going To Fashion Week! + FRTS + Blogshop Updates

Hello, I'm back again! Hope you missed me. Haha. I guess I didn't have much inspiration or more like I was just lazy to blog for the past couple of weeks. 

*Long post ahead.

Anyway, fashion week is here!!! The Audi Fashion Festival & Blueprint event is starting from today (well, techinically yesterday since its already the 28th) up till the end of the week. It's gonna be a whole week of fashion glitz & glamour! Got tickets for the opening show of AFF by Dsquared² which takes place today, am really looking forward to watching it! I read that Carmen Kass will be opening the Dsquared² show, plus the designers Dean & Dan Caten are coming. Unlike fashion week in Paris, Milan, London & New York where designers of the label usually appear at the end of each show, here in Singapore, we only get to see a selceted few designers who are able to make the appearance (as in international names). Which makes the show more exciting than usual. I read that Henry Holland is also coming. And maybe Mr. Cavalli? Tickets to alot of shows are already sold out (when I last checked), but if you'll like to experience the thrill of watching a real fashion show (you won't regret it, trust me), hurry up and purchase tickets to shows that still have available seats! 

So, did you guys watched the Star Awards* on Sunday? I missed the red carpet segment so didn't really get to see who wore what. I did see some pictures from the event and saw S/S2010 looks from Miu Miu, Burberry & Gucci.

FRTS - Gucci Dress (Joanne Peh)@ Street Stylista
Joanne Peh looking chic in a sexy cut-out dress from Gucci.

FRTS - Miu Miu Cat Sequinned Top (Yvonne Lim)@ Street Stylista
The Miu Miu Spring 2010 collection is one of the most coveted & discussed collection among fashion bloggers this season. Yvonne Lim wears a cat print sequinned top from the collection.

FRTS - Burberry Prorsum Top & Skirt Combo (Michelle Chia)@ Street Stylista
Michelle Chia in a sequinned top & twisted draped skirt combo from Burberry Prorsum.

Random fan-girl moment: Godfrey Gao came! And so did Mark Chao. Mel is a new fan of GG! Hilarious. But he is tall, handsome AND hot.

Godfrey Gao @ Street Stylista
Mel, this is for you=P

Lastly, here's a preview of the new mini collection that'll be up in the shop soon (sometime this week). Thanks M&M (haha, I love initials) who helped me out with the shoot. Love you guys! 

The Adventures Of Fifi Preview @ Street Stylista

Wow, just realised this post is such a random mix of things. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get some pics from fashion week to share on the blog. In the meantime, have a Happy Wednesday!=)

*For everyone who don't live in Singapore, the Star Awards is an annual award ceremony something like the Emmys.

Photos: channelnewsasia.com, style.com, xinmsn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipee!! :D
-Love, the shorter M ;)